- Familiar surroundings help the mother feel comfortable and safe during labor and birth, minimizing stress and fear.
- The mother determines the birth atmosphere.
- Birth attendants are considered invited guests.
- No encounters with strangers or unfamiliar places.
- Less chance of illness due to exposure to hospital-borne infection.
- No awkward moves from room to room.
- Few or no routine interventions.
- No separations from the people and setting that empower her.
- No arbitrary separations of mother and baby.
Previous PostHow much does a homebirth cost?