- Baby is placed directly onto mom’s chest after delivery
- Calm, peaceful environment
- Bonding encouraged
- One and five minute APGAR scores
- Breastfeeding as soon as mom and baby are ready encouraged
- Breastfeeding help if needed
- Full newborn assessment done, including weight and measurements
- Suturing done if needed
- Delayed cord clamping
- Herbal bath drawn up for mom and baby if desired
- Vitamin K injection and erythromycin ointment available if desired
- Midwife stays for 3-5 hours
- Placenta taken to encapsulator if desired
Previous PostPOSTPARTUM APPOINTMENTS
Do you only offer home birth options? I’m looking for a birthing center if possible and am having trouble finding information. Thank you.
Hi Kayla! I only do home birth but we do have many great birthing centers here in the Houston area!